The following error message appears when running the Configuration Wizard after changing the IP address of the web server.
Could not connect to net.tcp://claynms005:17777/SolarWinds/InformationService/Orion/certificate.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond xxx.xxx.xx.xx:17777.
Edit the host file.
1. Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\host.
2. Open the host file with a text editor.
The following example shows that the third line (without the #) contains the IP address and the associated server name information:
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
In this case, the new IP address is 10.160.2.151 and the server name is sup-cor-rcas-01.
3. Open the IIS Manager and click the expansion icon + to expand your choices.
4. Click Internet Information Services, and search for the first inner window and then click the expansion icon +.
5. Check the list and confirm that the server name is listed. Click the expansion icon + and the sites.
6. Click the SolarWinds website, and then select Bindings from the right-hand window.
7. If this indicates the IP address of the server, select the row and select the Edit Bindings.
8. Change the IP address to all those unassigned.
9. Open the database.
10. Check and confirm that the new IP address exists in the following tables:
Note: The Websites tables should have the server name and the IP or all unassigned depending on the IIS.
11. Run the Configuration Wizard and select - Services, Database and Website.
Applies to: NPM v10.7