Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to use the Orion Web Console Message Center.
The Message Center provides a single, customizable view in the web console where, in a single table, you can review all events, alerts, traps, and Syslog messages on your network.
All NPM versions
1. Click Home > Message Center.
2. To display messages for specific devices, select the appropriate device properties in the Filter Device area.
3. In the Filter Messages section, select the Time period for the messages you want to review, and then enter the number of messages you want to show.
4. To show all messages, including messages that have been acknowledged, check Show acknowledged in the Filter Messages section.
5. To display only certain types of messages, filter messages as shown in the following sub-steps:
a. To view alerts, confirm that Show active alerts is selected, and then select the type of alerts to display.
b. To view event messages, confirm that Show event messages is selected, and then select the type of events to display.
c. To view syslog messages, confirm that Show syslog messages is selected, and then select the Severity and Facility of the Syslog messages you want to display.
d. To view received traps, confirm that Show received traps is selected, and then select the Trap type and Community String of the traps you want to display.
e. to view audit events, confirm that Show Audit Events is selected, and then select the Action type and User corresponding to the audit events you want to display.
6. Click Apply to update the list of displayed messages.