Updated November 21, 2016
This article describes how to set up an alert when the discards are above a certain threshold (For example, 300,000).
NPM 11.5 or later
- In the Orion Web Console, log in using an account with administrator privileges.
- Click Settings > Manage Alerts.
- Add New Alert.
- In the Properties Tab, input the following:
- Name of Alert : Alert on High Discards (you may enter your desired Alert Name)
- Enabled (On/Off) : ON
- Evaluate the trigger condition every 1 minute
- Severity of alert : Critical
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Condition Tab, input the following for a threshold of 300000:
- I want to alert on : Interface
- The Scope of alert : All Object in my environment
- The Actual trigger condition:
- Trigger when : At least one child condition must be satisfied (OR)
- Interface : Current Value(Transmit Errors/Discards Threshold:is greater than or equal to : 300000
- Interface : Current Value(Receive Errors/Discards Threshold:is greater than or equal to : 300000
- Click Next.
- Complete Reset Condition Tab, and click Next to proceed.
- Complete Time of Day Tab, and click Next to proceed.
- Complete Trigger Action Tab (send an email/page action), and click Next to proceed.
- Complete Reset Action Tab, and click Next to proceed.
- Click Submit in the Summary Tab to save the Alert.