This article provides steps to configure alerts to send email using an Office 365 or Outlook SMTP server.
Confirm the following conditions:
- Port 25 on your SolarWinds server is open for SSL/TLS.
- A self-signed certificate has been issued to the SMTP server, using its fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).
Configure your SolarWinds server as indicated in the following procedure:
- Import the self-signed certificate from your SMTP server to Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store on your SolarWinds server. See article on Trusted Root Certification Authorities Certificate Store from the Microsoft website.
- In the Advanced Alert Manager (Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping > Advanced Alert Manager), edit the Alert to which you wish to add the E-mail action:
- In the Trigger Action Tab, select Create a New Action of Send an E-Mail / Page.
- In the To Field Type in your Office 365 / Outlook Email address.
- In the From Field, type in any E-mail Address.
- In the SMTP Server Tab do the Following:
- Hostname or IP Address of your Office 365 / Outlook SMTP Server
- SMTP Port Number: 25
- Enable SSL and Enable This SMTP Server requires Authentication
- UserName enter your Office 365 / Outlook Email Address, and Password type in your Pass
- You may need to use the Native SMTP client by running the following SQL statement:
WHERE SettingName='ForcedSMTPClient' It’s set to ‘cdo’