Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article describes how to configure Syslog viewer to save Syslog messages to a text file that is automatically time-stamped with the current date, in order to prevent a single log file from growing very large over time, instead splitting the logs per day.
1. Click Start > Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Syslog and SNMP Traps > Syslog Viewer.
2. Click View > Alerts/Filter Rules.
3. Click Add New Rule or click Edit to edit an existing rule.
4. On the Alert Actions tab, click Add New Action.
5. Select Log the Message to a file and click OK.
6. In the Alert Log File field, browse for or type the path you want the files to be stored at.
7. Include the following variables to format the file name: