Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the issue when report jobs fail using a website on HTTPS.
All Orion Core products
Any of the following cause the issue:
Change the HTTPS to HTTP. If the report job still fails, do the following steps:
1. Go to IIS Manager.
2. Click Sites.
3. Right-click SolarWinds website, and select Edit Bindings.
4. Click HTTPS Binding and click Edit.
View the certificate and make sure that it is issued to the correct server and if so it is using the hostname or the FQDN and update the URL on the report to use what the certificate is issued to. If they are not using a URL in the report but are pointing to a existing report you can update the Websites table in the database to use the FQDN instead of the hostname for the web site.
5. If the certificate has expired, create a new self-signed certificate or get a new certificate from the certificate authority.
If changing the HTTPS to HTTP corrects the issue then this may be due to an incorrectly configured HTTPS, please do the following:
1. Go to Orion Database Manager.
2. Select default database.
3. Expand the tables and scroll down to the Websites table, double click this.
4. Enable table editing.
5. Confirm and if the Port is set to 80 change this to 443.
6. Confirm and if the SSL-enabled is set to 0 change this to 1.