Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated July 12, 2016
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the issue when generated reports from a Legacy report reflect some (1 or 2) columns on the next page.
The issue causes a report to have more pages. For example, if a report only has four pages, provided that all columns are on a single page. If one or more column exceeds the page limit of the report, those columns will move to a new page causing the report to have eight pages instead of four.
NPM versions 11.x and 12
The issue is caused when you place a value on the Column width field under the Field Formatting tab.
Placing a value on this field will make a column a 'fixed column'. Meaning, the column size will become fixed based on the column with value that you provided. This will have a tendency to make report exceed the page limit pushing the last column to the next page.
You will need to remove the value that you placed on the 'Column width'. By doing this, Orion will automatically adjust the column width based on the data of that column. See steps below:
1. Log in to the Orion server.
2. Open the Orion Report Writer. Click Start > AllPrograms > SolarWindsOrion > Alerting,Reporting,and Mapping > Report Writer.
3. Open the report where you are experiencing the issue.
4. Go to Field Formatting.
5. Check all of the fields on the 'Select a Field...' list if the 'Column Width' has a value.
6. Remove the value on the 'Column Width' field.
7. Generate the report to verify if the issue is resolved.