Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides steps to redirect the SolarWinds website from HTTP to HTTPS.
All Orion Platform products
Note: HTTP Redirection must be installed in Role Status.
WINDOWS SERVER 2008 OR WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2
1. On the task bar, click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager.
2. Expand Roles, and then click Web Server (IIS).
3. Scroll to the Role Services section, and then click Add Role Services.
4. The Add Role Services Wizard window will display, Go to Select Role Services section, and expand Common HTTP Features.
5. Select HTTP Redirection, and then click Next.
6. Click Install on the Confirm Installation Selections window.
7. Click Close on the Results window.
8. Remove Port 80 bindings and add HTTPS 443:
a. Expand Web Server (IIS), and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
b. Right-click SolarWinds NetperfMon, and select Edit.
c. Enter 443 in the Port field.
d. Select your SSL company Certificate, and then click OK. - DO NOT USE THE SOLARWINDS-ORION CERTIFICATE
See Installing an SSL Certificate in Windows Server 2008 (IIS 7.0) for more information.
9. Redirect from HTTP to HTTPS (If required). Use Default IIS Website. Create your own if this is not visible. To do this:
a. Right-click Sites.
b. Select Add Web Site.
Note: You can create a new website with your preferred path and name.
10. Once the website has been added, right-click Default Website, and select click HTTP Redirect.
Note: You have an option to select your destination in the Redirect request to this destination.
Every request to access Port HTTP 80 should now be redirected to Port 443 HTTP..