When Network Sonar Discovery discovers nodes with the same host name but different IP addresses, only the first node is added.
By design, Network Sonar Discovery only adds a single node in case of duplicates.
Perform any of the following actions:
- Add the nodes manually one by one.
- Disable node de-duplication.
Warning: SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit configuration files as instructed. Any additional modifications to the configuration file may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
- Go to %Program Files%\SolarWinds\Orion
- Open the SolarWinds.Orion.Discovery.Job.dll.config file in a text editor.
- In the following lines, change the value from "false" to "true":
<add key="DisableSysNameDuplicateDetector" value="false"/>
<add key=“DisableDNSDuplicateDetector" value="false"/>
- Save the file.
- Restart all services in the Orion Service Manager.