Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and a resolution to the issue when a newly created alert does not trigger on a number of objects.
NPM version 11.5.x
When creating a new alert, you have a check-box option in the trigger conditions that states "Condition must exist for more than X minutes" What had happened was when the new alert was created this option was selected and set for 4 hours so when the alert was thought to have fired immediately, it wouldn't fire because the conditions hadn't been met for the set amount of time which was 4 hours in this scenario.
To uncheck the option that requires the alert condition to exist for a set amount of time before the alert fires:
1. Go to Settings > Manage Alerts
2. Click the check-box next to the alert that is supposed to be firing immediately and click 'Edit Alert'.
3. Navigate to the 'Trigger Condition' part of the alert.
4. Un-check the box for 'Condition must exist for more than X minutes'.
5. Continue along by hitting 'NEXT' until the alert has been successfully submitted.
Now the alert will fire immediately as soon as the trigger conditions are met.