Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article describes how you can perform a system check on the Main Orion System after upgrading to NPM 11.5.2
NPM version 11.5.2
Login to the Main Orion system with the LOCAL Administrator account (NOT a Domain Admin account) to avoid GPOs and any other permissions issues
1. Check if the Orion tables have legitimate WebsiteIDs and/or EngineIDs: Alerts, EngineProperties, Events, NodesData, ReportJobs, ReportJobURLs, Syslog and Traps.
a. Query the AllEngines table (in NPM 11.5.x) or the Engines table in older versions to get the actual EngineID(s).
b. Query the Websites table to get the actual WebsiteID(s).
c. Query each table listed above and compare if the EngineID or WebsiteID values match with those from the AllEngines table and Websites table. / How To Check for valid EngineID and WebsiteID
2. Exclude the following from AntiVirus software:
3. Grant the servername\<athenticated users> and <network service> full rights to the following folder and all sub directories:
4. Delete ALL (except for the SolarWinds folder) from C:\Windows\Temp
5. Run C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\OrionPermissionChecker.exe
6. Click on Check, and then after it completes, click on Repair.
Note: Permissions need to be repaired and files need be removed from C:\Windows\Temp. This is because many applications including Access databases, like MIBs.cfg, may be configured to temporarily store files in the Windows temp directory. If these temporary files are not deleted when they are no longer needed and the number of these files in the Windows temp directory reaches 64k, the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Service can no longer write the temp files it requires. When this happens, the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Service will enter a loop where it tries to create a file that it cannot store anywhere, ultimately consuming up to 100% CPU load.
7. Install OrionPlatform-v2015.1.2-HotFix6.zip
8. Increase the Navigation Timeout setting in the SolarWinds.Orion.Core.BusinessLayer.dll.config (Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion)
Line: <add key="ConversionDelay" value="00:00:20" />
<add key="NavigationTimeout" value="00:60:00" />
page.settings.resourceTimeout = 30000;
10. Edit SWNetPerfMon.DB to aid slow DB connectivity in C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion and change (save the file).
! Connection timeout in seconds
! Database Command timeout in seconds
! SqlCommand.CommandTimeout in seconds
11. Turn off UAC.
12. Reboot your system.