Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
NPM Windows Group accounts and AD users that are members of that group receive the error message "Password is not working" when attempting to login.
This may be caused by duplicate SID historical data created when the user account was migrated from one controller to another.
After you delete SID history for all groups/accounts in your AD controller, the user should be able to login.
To remove SID History:
1. Identify the servers involved in your AD migration.
2. Install Active Directory Migration Tool somewhere but NOT on a Domain Controller.
3. Create a SID mapping file.
4. Run the ADMT security translation wizard against the old servers using the sid mapping file you just created.
5. With the ACLs 'fixed', purge SID history from users and groups, slowly and gradually. Starting with a small test gropup and go from there.
Also see the following article on how to delete SID history http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295758