Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides steps to export the nodes list from your old Orion server to your new Orion server.
All NPM versions
1. Go to Start > All Program > SolarWinds Orion > Advance Feature > Database Manager.
2. Expand the Database, and open any Table in your Database. For example, right-click Table > Query table.
3. Remove the default Query, paste the SQL Query below, and then click on Execute Query:
SELECT IP_Address FROM NODES
4. Copy the list of IP addresses to a text editor.
5. Open the Web Console of your new Orion server and log in as an administrator.
6. Go to Settings > Network Sonar Discovery.
7. Create a new discovery, and enter the credentials.
Note: When prompted for the Network Selection, select Specific Nodes Discovery type from the box on the left.
8. Copy the IP addresses exported.
Note: One IP address per line, with no other punctuation. For example:
9. Let Orion Core scan and import these devices.
To know the community string and polling method of the device, run the following query:
SELECT IP_Address, ObjectSubType,Community FROM NODES