Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the error when one of the objects (Volume, Interfaces, SAM applications, etc.) you are trying to add to a map is in a critical or down state.
This is not working for Hardware Sensors - even if you add a hardware sensor to a map and it is in Critical status, the map status will not be changed.
Network Atlas can reflect hardware sensor status, but it is not enabled by default:
1. Click Start > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
2. Click Add default server.
3. Right-click SolarWindsOrion database, and then select New query.
4. Paste the following query and click on Execute:
SET Enabled = 1
WHERE EntityType IN ('Orion.HardwareHealth.HardwareCategoryStatus', 'Orion.HardwareHealth.HardwareInfo', 'Orion.HardwareHealth.HardwareItem')
5. Restart all Orion services and Network Atlas.