Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated: July 7, 2016
This article describes the issue when you are running the Configuration Wizard for Orion or doing any other kind of installation and you come across getting this error:
Access to the path 'Some Path' is denied
All versions of Orion
1. Go to the path where the error is located. For example: D:\SolarWinds\Orion\Information Service\3.0\Plugins\SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Interfaces.Plugin.v3.dll' is denied" go to D:\SolarWinds\Orion\Information Service\3.0\Plugins
2. Make a copy of the file. In the example above, it is SolarWinds.Data.Providers.Interfaces.Plugin.v3.dll, place the copy somewhere like the desktop, and then try to delete the original.
3. You should get a pop up in Windows stating that you can not delete the file as it is open in some application, the example above is because the Solarwinds information service v3 was running.
4. Stop the application where it says the file is open in and try to delete the file again, it should now delete with no issues.
5. Take the copy you made and place it back in the directory.
6. Re-run the Configuration Wizard or the installer you got the error in and it should now complete with no issues.