Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated June 20, 2016
This article provides steps to sounding a notification when an alert triggers.
NPM versions 11.5.2 and 11.5.3
1. When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in an Action section of the Alert Wizard.
2. Select the Play a Sound option, and then click Configure Action.
3. Enter a name for the action in the Name of Action field.
4. Under Play a sound settings:
a. If not installed, click Download our desktop notification client to download and install the notification client.
-From the notification client, select an alert sound.
b. Optionally click Insert Variable to insert variables into the message body:
-Select a Variable Category, and then select the variable to add.
-To define a SQL variable, check Define SQL Variable.
-Click [+] next to the name of a variable to add one or more variables to the Custom SQL Variable window.
-When done, click Insert Variable.
5. Expand Time of Day. Use this setting if you want to schedule this action. This schedule does not the overall alert schedule.
a. Select either Schedule is controlled on the alert level, no additional schedule for this action needed or Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. If you choose the latter, Click Add Schedule and then enter the time period over which you want to activate your alert action, and then select the days on which you want to activate your alert action.
6. Expand Execution Settings.
a. Check either Do not execute this action if the alert has been acknowledged already (Recommended) or Repeat this action every X minutes until the alert is acknowledged. If you choose the latter, specify the frequency to have this action repeated.
7. When done, click Add Action.