Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides steps to configure the vendor or machine type when Orion is unable to detect it automatically.
NPM version 11.5 and later
1. Log in to the web console with administrative rights.
2. Go to Settings > Manage Pollers.
3. Select Create New Poller.
4. Select the following parameters, and then click Next.
5. Select Define Data Source for Vendor.
6. Enter the required Vendor (Cisco in this example) and click Submit.
7. Click Yes, the datasource is reasonable.
8. Repeat the above procedure for Machine Type (Using Cisco 3750 in this example).
9. SysObjectID is a required field. Select Define Data Source.
10. Click Browse OIDs.
11. Search for 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 (sysObjectID) and select resulting OID, click Submit.
12. Click Yes, the datasource is reasonable.
13. Repeat steps above for SysName. The standard OID for SysName is 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124, and then click Next.
14. Click Submit on the Summary page.
15. Assign this poller to the appropriate nodes.
16. Select the poller from the Manage Poller page and click Assign.
17. Select the appropriate node(s) from the list and click Scan Now.
Once the scan completes successfully the poller will be assigned and the Poller Status will change to ON.
After the next Rediscovery (default polling interval is 30 minutes) you will see the vendor and machine type update for the node.