Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article describes the issue when you see the CPU utilization and Threads increasing and never drop off.
NPM version 11.5.2
1. Open resource monitor on Orion server. Check the link below for reference:
2. Click svchost.exe (rpcss).
3. Click network tab > TCP connections.
4. Identify any IP address that is continuously repeated.
5. Go to the Web Console > Manage Nodes > Search for IP(s).
6. Edit Node and test connections.
Note: WMI connections often fail the test connection.
7. Fix the nodes on WMI connection or switch to agent polling under polling method in Edit node.
For explanation of the thread exhaustion, click the link below: