Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to create a backup of the database to move it no a new server.
Warning: Create a raw backup of your database files with SQL turned OFF. Orion will follow.
1. Open windows services on the Orion server and stop SQL Server service.
2. Find the MDF file for your DB. This could be in various places so you will need to do a search of the machine.
3. The file should be databasename.mdf, copy the file to another location.
4. Find the file with the same name but with extension LDF and copy that as well.
5. Restore the DB. Follow the steps below:
a. Place the .mdf and .ldf files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\.
b. Go to the SQL software, right-click Databases and click Attach to open the Attach Databases dialog box.
c. Click Add to open and locate the database files from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\.
d. Click OK. The SQL Server Management Studio loads the database from the .mdf file.
6. Restart your SQL Server service and all your SolarWinds services.