Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the issue when machines with the same hostname but different IP addresses are not added in the Network Discovery.
NPM version 11.5 and later
The issue is caused when Network Discovery detects the nodes with the same hostname as duplicates.
Warning: SolarWinds strongly recommends that you create a full backup of your database. The following procedure may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
1. Stop all Orion services from the Orion Service Manager.
Warning: SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit the SolarWinds.Orion.Discovery.Job.dll.config file as instructed. Any additional modifications may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
2. Open SolarWinds.Orion.Discovery.Job.dll.config in a text editor. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SolarWinds.Orion.Discovery.Job.dll.config.
3. Locate the following lines:
<add key="DisableSysNameDuplicateDetector" value="false" />
<add key="DisableDNSDuplicateDetector" value="false" />
4. Replace with the following lines:
<add key="DisableSysNameDuplicateDetector" value="true" />
<add key="DisableDNSDuplicateDetector" value="true" />
5. Save the file.
6. Restart all Orion services.
7. Re-run Network Discovery.