Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated December 5, 2016
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the error that displays after the Configuration Wizard fails:
Website configuration failed:
Exception while configuring plugin SolarWinds® NCM Integration Plugin component Orion Website Update. Attempt by security transparent method 'SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer.InstallAwareness.GetCirrusInstallPath()' to access security critical method 'SolarWinds.Common.Utility.RegistryHelper.get_LocalMachineSoftware32()' failed.
All NCM versions
1. Cut the corrupted NCM dll from
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NCM (in this example, it is
SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer.dll), and then paste it on the desktop.
2. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
3. Right-click SolarWinds NCM-NPM Integration, and then choose Repair.
4. Finish the repair wizard, and restart the server if prompted to restart.
5. Configuration Wizard will automatically launch. Run and complete the wizard for it to recreate the corrupted dll file.