Hide this message
Welcome to the NEW Success Center. Search all resources (documentation, videos, training, knowledge base articles) or browse resources by product. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com
Startup and running configuration comparisons show there is a difference, but there should not be any. The process is not ignoring hexadecimal data even after enabling 'Ignoring hex data' criteria in NCM Settings > Comparison Criteria.
All NCM versions
The startup config for Cisco devices do not display the hex data but the running config will
Standard hex keys are in blocks of 8 per line:
Config file comparisons may not ignore the hex data, if you use shorter blocks, like the sample given below:
the word quit at the end of the Hex data is not at the beginning of the line in the config. It can be random on the line but generally close.
If your hex keys are not in blocks of 8, you need to modify the 'Ignore quit word line' criteria:
from: ^[ \t\r\n\v\f]*quit[ \t\r\n\v\f]*
to: [ \t\r\n\v\f]*quit[ \t\r\n\v\f]*
1. Log into the Orion Webconsole
2. Click Settings > NCM Settings > Comparison Criteria
3. Select 'Ignoring quit word line' and click 'Edit'.
4. Edit RegEx pattern screen appears as shown in the sample screen below:
5. Edit the RegEx pattern as highlighted in the above screen and click 'OK'.
6. Verify by comparing two configs being displayed as different previously.
7. If the above comparison is corrected, Download a new set of configs to NCM regardless if a change is detected or not. This will update the charts on the web page. They will not be automatically reconciled by simply correcting the Comparison Criteria