If you are upgrading to SolarWinds NCM 7.5, before you attempt to install an additional web console on another server, you must first upgrade the main server.
- Visit the Customer Portal and download the
- Launch the
SolarWinds-Orion_WebOnly.exe file from the download location on the server that will host your additional website.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Accept the end user agreement, and click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default target directory, or set another that you prefer.
- Click Next to start copying files.
- Click Finish when the files are finished being copied.
- If prompted to license the additional website, click Enter Licensing Information.
- Review the Welcome text, and click Next.
- Specify the SQL Server instance where the Orion Platform database is located.
- Enter the authentication method, Windows or SQL Server Authentication, and click Next.
- The SQL Server instance must support SQL authentication or mixed mode.
- If you are using a local instance of SQL Server Express, use the following syntax to use the default instance:
- If you select SQL Authentication, provide an account with sufficient rights to create new databases on the server instance. For example, specify the SQL administrator account: SA.
- Click Use an Existing Database, select the Orion Platform database in the list, and click Next.
- Click Use an Existing Account, and then select the account credentials from the list.
- Click Next.
- Accept the default for Website Settings, and click Next.
- Click Yes to acknowledge that the website already exists and that you want to proceed.
- Click Yes to acknowledge that the SNMP Trap Service will be disabled while the Trap Service is installed.
- Review the services to install, and click Next.
- Review the Database, Website, and Services to be configured, and click Next.
- Click Launch Orion Web and Finish.