Hide this message
Welcome to the NEW Success Center. Search all resources (documentation, videos, training, knowledge base articles) or browse resources by product. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com
Updated March 11th, 2016
This article provides steps to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and later to enable the SolarWinds Toolset integration in the Orion NCM Web Console.
All NCM versions running on Windows 2008 using Internet Explorer 7 and later during a Toolset integration
Enable the SolarWinds Toolset integration in Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Launch Internet Expolorer.
2. Click Tools > Internet Options.
3. On the Security tab, click Trusted Sites > Sites.
4. Clear Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
5. In the Add this website to the zone field, provide the URL of your Orion NCM Web Console. The default URL is http://OrionNCMServer/.
6. Click Add, and then click Close.
7. Click Custom level...
8. Select Enable or Prompt for each of the following options to allow ActiveX controls:
9. Click OK.
Note: If you get prompted to confirm that you want to change the settings for this zone, click Yes.
10. Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
11. Open http://OrionNCMServer/swtoolset.exe in the Internet Explorer browser,
12. Click Save and then save swtoolset.exe in a location accessible to all users.
13. Click Run when the download is complete.
Note: Click Run when prompted to run the software.
14. Close all browsers used to view the Orion NCM Web Console.
15. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
16. Right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as and the Administrator account.
17. Go to the folder where swtoolset.exe is saved.
18. Run swtoolset.exe/regserver.
19. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Network Confiration Manager > Orion NCM Web Console.