Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides information about Gigamon tunnel for NTA. This is a known issue with devices HB-1 running Gigamon Version Up 4.3 - 4.7.
NTA version 4+
Note: The only way to add Netflow traffic from Gigamon to Solarwinds is to add that tunnel interface as an external node or if you want to use ICMP make sure in the polling settings to change the ping packet size to 32 bytes.
1. Select the Polling timers and click Ok.
2. Add the Node.
3. After successfully adding the tunneling IP address, you can view the IP address under Unknown groups.
4. View the Last 25 Traffic Analyzer Events and look for the event referencing the Gigamon interface:
5. If you have added the tunneling interface for SNMP polling, it will not work. Remove the tunneling IP address from SNMP monitoring as tunneling interface does not support SNMP.
6. Once the interface is successfully added, you should be able to see the Netflow sources on the left and it will start collecting the Netflow data and build reports.
If no flows are making it to the server please validate the record has all required fields. Example below:
Any adjustments will require the removal / reapply of the gsgroup – via the command
1. gsparams gsgroup <record name> netflow-monitor delete
2. gsparams gsgroup <record name> netflow-monitor add <monitor name>
This is the example Record template:
apps netflow record alias <record name>
collect add counter bytes
collect add ipv4 source address
collect add ipv4 destination address
collect add transport source-port
collect add transport destination-port
collect add interface input physical
collect add interface output physical
collect add counter packets
collect add timestamp sys-uptime first
collect add timestamp sys-uptime last
collect add datalink vlan
collect add ipv4 tos
collect add ipv4 fragmentation id
collect add ipv4 fragmentation offset
collect add ipv4 protocol
match add datalink mac source
match add datalink mac destination
match add datalink vlan
match add ipv4 protocol
match add ipv4 source address
match add ipv4 destination address
match add transport source-port
match add transport destination-port