This article covers the issue about the Web Console banner where the NTA backup completes, yet after dismissing this message, it re-appears the following day.
The reason behind this is when there are two entries and an addendum was made in the previous day’s netflow backup taking it up until midnight. In addition, it makes a subsequent entry for the current day’s backup up until the current time.
NTA version 4.X+
This is caused by a stuck notification that needs to be manually removed or cleared from the database.
SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[NotificationItems]
where Title LIKE '%BACKUP%'
3. Locate the stuck notification from a time where NTA backup failed.
4. Click Enable table editing.
5. Right-click on Left handside for this row, and click Delete selected row.
6. Click Enable table editing to exit the editor mode.
7. Check Web Console to see if the banner message disappeared.