Part 1. Stop NTA's flow storage database (FSDB) service.
In NTA 4.X architecture, there are two types of deployment, which has two two different ways to stop/restart the NTA service:
- Open Orion Service Manager.
- Stop/Start NTA Netflow service (this action will restart the NetFlow storage service).
- Login to FSDB server (separate machine).
- Click Start > Run CMD.exe (Command Shell or Windows PowerShell) > Type services.msc.
- Right-click the NetFlow Storage Service > Stop/Start Netflow Storage service.
Part 2. Delete the following data by reconnecting to the service directly through SolarWinds fastbit studio:
1. All partitions for the NTA Flow Storage Database past the retention period.
2. All data in the toBeDeleted
folder, which are kept in the NTA Flow Storage database.
3. The partTN_map
Part 3. Restart the SolarWinds NetFlow Service (follow the same procedures on 'Step 1').
The server is now connected to the NetFlow storage database.
NTA v4.0 and later.