If you want to create a web-based report showing bytes transferred by your IP address groups, you need to start the report definition with the NetFlow Flow History object.
To create reports showing IP address groups:
- Log in to your Orion Web Console.
- Go to HOME > Reports and click Manage Reports.
- Click Create New Report.
- Define what objects should be shown in the report:
- Select Custom Table and click SELECT AND CONTINUE.
- In the I want to report on list, select NetFlow Flow History.
- Click ADD TO LAYOUT.
- Define what properties you want to see in the report:
- Click Add Column.
- Select NetFlow IP Address Group in the Orion Object list.
- Select the IP address group properties you want to display in the table, such as Description and IP Address Group Name.
- Select NetFlow History in the Orion Object list.
- Select Bytes and any other available properties which you want to add to the table.
Note: You need to add at least one property for the selected objects (here: NetFlow Flow History) to be able to generate the report.
- Check that you have added all columns for the table in the Selected columns list, and click ADD COLUMN.
- If you want to show bytes grouped for individual IP Groups, define the aggregation of bytes:
- Click Advanced in the Bytes column.
- In the Data aggregation list, select Sum.
- Define time settings for the report using the Sample Interval list.
- In the Group results by list, select IP Address Group Name - NetFlow IP Address Group.
- Fill in an appropriate Report Title and Subtitle.
- Click Next to proceed to the Report preview.
- Check the preview and click Next to continue.
If you're not satisfied with the report layout, click Back and adjust the table settings.
- Define the report properties:
- If you want to have the report on the top of your report lists, select My Favorite Reports.
- If necessary, update the Report description.
- Select the appropriate category for the report in the Report category list.
- Click SUBMIT to save your settings. NTA adds the report to the list of reports on the Manage Reports page.
For more information about creating web-based reports, see the SolarWinds Orion Web-Based Reports technical reference.