This article describes how to use different SSL versions, keys, and ciphers by editing the registry of the Mobile Admin server.
By default, Mobile Admin 8.0 is configured for SSL v3, non-anonymous Diffie-Hellman key exchange, RSA keys, and high-grade (256-bit) encryption algorithms.
The following is a list of keys you can use. By default, the keys are false.
- AllowSSLV2 – when set to true, this allows you to use SSL v2
- AllowAnonDH – when set to true, this allows you to use anonymous Diffie-Hellman key exchange authentication
- AllowExportGradeCiphers – when set to true, this allows you to use 40-bit ciphers
- AllowLowGradeCiphers – when set to true, this allows you to use 56-bit ciphers
- AllowMedGradeCiphers – when set to true, this allows you to use 128-bit ciphers
Mobile Admin 8.0 and earlier
Note: Consult your System Administrator before editing your registry.
- Log in to the computer running the Mobile Admin server as an administrator.
- Open the registry editor:
- If you have installed the Mobile Admin server on a 32-bit computer, modify the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rove\Mobile Admin or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Solarwinds\Mobile Admin.
- If you have installed the Mobile Admin server on a 64-bit computer, modify the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Rove\Mobile Admin or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Solarwinds\Mobile Admin.
- From the Edit menu, select New > String Value.
- Enter the appropriate key name from the list.
- From the Edit menu, select Modify….
- Enter True and click OK.
- Restart the Mobile Admin service.