This article describes the error that occurs when adding a certificate in the Mobile Admin server.
All versions of Mobile Admin
This error occurs due to certificate configuration issues.
Using a formatted PKCS12 and password protected .pfx certificate file, these should configure Mobile Admin to use a user-selected certificate for HTTPS.
- The .pfx file must have the certificate private key.
- If you are exporting the .pfx file from a secure storage on a Windows platform, ensure that the export the private key is selected during the export process.
- The subject name in the certificate does not need to match the server name for the Mobile Admin Client to trust the certificate and to setup a secure connection.
- Make sure to select the Override Default HTTPS checkbox from the Server Options.
- Use a PKCS12 file to enable HTTPS, the .pfx file path must be provided in the Certificate Files field and the password used to protect the .pfx file.
- The Private Key File and Private Key Password fields are unused when a PKCS12 .pfx file is being used.
- Remember to click Save to apply all changes.