The LEM Agent installer allows you to install SolarWinds Log & Event Manager Agents locally on a variety of Linux operating systems. Once installed, the LEM Agent then automatically starts and connects to your LEM Manager.
- Java v7 or later installed on the Linux host
- A reboot is not required
- A user account with administrative privileges
Agent Hardware Specifications
|Hardware ||Requirement |
|RAM ||64 MB |
|Disk Space ||130 MB |
LEM Agents are installed in the
/usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOP folder by default.
- Set an exception in your antivirus or anti-malware scanning software for the ContegoSPOP folder where the LEM Agents will be installed. The alerts are kept in queue files, which change constantly as they are normalized and encrypted.
- Turn off any anti-malware or endpoint protection applications on host systems during the installation process, as they can affect the process by which installation files are transferred to the hosts.
Running the LEM Agent Installer
- If you are a licensed LEM customer, download the installer from the SolarWinds Customer Portal:
- Browse to http://www.solarwinds.com/customerportal/LicenseManagement.aspx.
- Log in with your SWID if necessary.
- Find LEM in the product list, and then click Choose Download.
- Find the appropriate Linux installer on the list.
- If you are an evaluation LEM customer, see Additional LEM Downloads for Version 6.2 for the available LEM Agent installers.
- Extract the contents of the installer ZIP, and then copy
setup.bin to a local or network location.
cd to the folder that contains the installer.
chmod +x setup.bin to convert the installer into an executable application.
setup.bin as root.
- Press Enter to start the installer.
- Press Enter to page through the End User License Agreement, and then enter
y to accept the terms.
- Enter a custom installation path, or press Enter to accept the default (recommended).
- Enter the hostname of your LEM Manager.
Note: Use the fully qualified domain name for your LEM Manager when you deploy LEM Agents on a different domain. For example, enterLEMhostname.SolarWinds.com.
- Press Enter twice to accept the default port values, and then press Enter again to proceed.
- Review the Pre-Installation Summary, and then press Enter to proceed.
- Once the installer finishes, press Enter to exit the installer.
The LEM Agent begins sending alerts to your LEM Manager immediately. To configure the LEM Agent to start automatically on boot, add /etc/init.d/swlem-agent to your list of startup scripts.
Uninstalling the LEM Agent
- Log onto your Linux computer as root.
- Stop the SolarWinds LEM Agent service.
- Delete the
- Remove any startup scripts, if any.