Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated: August 8, 2016
Linux agent install will only install the agent on one Linux (or Unix) server at a time.
The Linux agent install can be copied and placed easily on multiple servers.
Use the normal Linux Agent install procedure to install the first agent on a Linux server.
1. With the agent installed on server1, copy the entire ContegoSPOP directory to a safe place:
cp -ar /usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOP /tmp
2. Delete the spop subdirectory:
rm -rf /tmp/ContegoSPOP/spop
3. Create a 'tarball' for the ContegoSPOP directory (basically zip up into one file):
tar cvfz /tmp/linux-agent.tar.gz /tmp/ContegoSPOP
You can now use WINSCP to copy the file to one or more Linux servers (to the /tmp directory).
4. Unzip the tarball on each server to the /tmp directory.
tar xvfz ./linux-agent.tar.gz
mv ./ContegoSPOP /usr/local/contego/
5. To start the agent, enter: /usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOP/swlem-agent start
To configure the LEM Agent to start automatically on boot, add /etc/init.d/swlem-agent to your list of startup scripts.
The swlem-agent startup script can be copied from the /usr/local/contego/ContegoPOP/swlem-agent.
(Note: It may be possible to bundle the agent installer using RPM, but this is currently not a supported method for the install.)