Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Install and configure the Solaris agent to log data to the LEM.
1. Download the agent installer to a Windows computer.
2. Unzip the agent to expose the "setup.bin" file.
3. Use WINSCP or other method to copy the installer file to the Solaris server.
4. Log onto the Solaris server as root, and go to the directory where the installer resides.
5. Change the permissions "chmod 777 setup.bin".
6. Launch the installer by entering "setup.bin".
7. Answer all the questions, and specifying the IP-address or hostname of the LEM.
8. Solaris (like all Unix and Linux) can be customized where startup scripts are kept.
(copy the file "SWLEM-agent" (from /usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOP/SWLEM-agent) to the startup scripts, ie... /etc/init.d/ )
9. Manually start the Solaris agent: /usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOP/SWLEM-agent.
10. Open the LEM GUI-console, select Manage > Appliances, and watch for the agent to connect.
11. Configure the connectors on the agent by clicking "connectors" on the left gear.
(or use Build > Groups from the top navigation to create a new connector profile.)
12. Connectors will be named with Solaris, and assumes that you have installed either the BSM or the Snare auditing for Solaris.
13. Create a filter under Monitor, or create an nDepth search "AnyAlert.ToolAlias = solaris", and observe the log data.