This video will walk you through installing the LEM Reports Console.
Before we complete the installation there a couple of things to be aware of:
First, the Reporting application is located in the SolarWinds Log & Event Manager folder that should have been automatically created on your desktop after you downloaded the VM and clicked on the executable. In the folder you should see INSTALL NEXT - LEM Desktop Software.
Next this is a Windows only application that you can install on as many servers or workstations as you like.
Ok let's get started!
- Navigate to the SolarWinds Log & Event Manager folder on your desktop or wherever you placed it after downloading. Within the folder you should see an executable named INSTALL NEXT - Desktop Software.
- Even if you have a ridiculous amount of administrative privileges on your network, right click and select "Run As Administrator". The installer does write to a system folder which is automatically protected by the operating system even if you turn off Windows User Access Control (UAC) so slecting this option will ensure a successful installation.
- When the installer appears click the next button twice then click the begin install button. The installer will install the crystal reports runtime and then the LEM Reports Console. You may see some command prompt dialog boxes appear quickly and then disappear which is normal behavior.
- Once the installer is finished click the close button then navigate to your start menu and programs.
- Look for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager then right click on Reports and select Run As Administrator.
- The first time you start the Reporting application you will see this dialog box referring to a manager list that can't be found. Anytime you see or hear the word "Manager" in reference to LEM it usually refers to the IP address or hostname of your LEM virtual appliance.
- Click OK and another box will appear asking for the Manager Name along with a username and password.
- First type in the name or ip address of your LEM Virtual Appliance.
- Next, enter the same credentials that you use when logging on to the LEM web console. If you wish to use a secure connection click this Use TLS Connection checkbox
- Click the test connection button and a popup will appear verifying the manager name or ip address. Click yes then close the dialog box and the full reports list will appear.
- For the final test let's run a report.
- The Database maintenance report is a good report to verify reports are working properly and provide details about database usage on the Virtual Appliance.
- To run the report click on any report in the list here and then hit the letter D on your keyboard.
- Now either double click on the Database Maintenance Report or right click and select "Run". If the report runs successfully you will see a bunch of details about the LEM database.
Visit the Success Center for more information on using Log & Event Manager. https://support.solarwinds.com/Succe..._Manager_(LEM)