Hide this message
Welcome to the NEW Success Center. Search all resources (documentation, videos, training, knowledge base articles) or browse resources by product. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MSSQL Auditor is sending SQL events that are too numerous or simply not needed. This can be solved by modifying the SQL Auditor trace file to filter the events that are being sent to the LEM.
1. Import the trace template into SQL Profiler (double click the tdf. located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds Log and Event Manager MSSQL Auditor\tdfs by default).
2. Edit the template (File > Templates > Edit Template > Select our template) and open Events Selection tab.
3. Click on the Column Filters... button (you should be able to see a dialog similar to what is shown in the attached screenshot), select DBUserName column, and add the LIKE/NOT LIKE condition as applicable.
4. Save the template, replace the one inside the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds Log and Event Manager MSSQL Auditor\tdfs folder with the file that is located at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SQL Profiler\12.0\Templates\Microsoft SQL Server\120
5. Restart the MSSQLAuditor service.