Configure the Email Active Response connector on your LEM Manager to enable the LEM Manager to send automated emails to Console users in response to rules firing. This connector specifies the mail host that your Manager uses to send emails and, when necessary, provides the requisite server credentials.
- An email server that allows the LEM Manager to relay email messages through it
- IP address or hostname of your email server
- A return email address for bounced messages and replies
- User credentials for your email server only if your email server requires internal users to authenticate to send email
To configure the Email Active Response connector:
- Log in to the LEM Manager on which you want to configure the connector from the Manage > Appliance view of the LEM Console.
- Click the gear icon next to your LEM Manager and select Connectors.
Email Active Response in the search box on the Refine Results pane.
- Click the gear icon next to the master connector on the right and select New.
- Complete the Email Active Response connector form.
- If you use a hostname for the Mail Host value, your LEM Manager must be able to resolve the mail host from the DNS entries supplied when the LEM network was configured. Otherwise, use the IP address of the mail host.
- Unless changed, the email port is 25, and the Transport Protocol is always SMTP.
- Enter a valid Return Address. This field is pre-populated with firstname.lastname@example.org, but this is not a valid email address.
- The SMTP relay server, by default, will allow any device/computer or user to send emails through the email server. The email server can have two levels of enhanced security, requiring extra configurations int he Email Active Response connector.
- If the email server requires an Active Directory user to send email, the Authentication Server User Name and the Authentication Server Password fields need to be filled in with valid credentials.
- If the email server requires an email to be sent from a computer that is a member of the domain, the email server must have an exception created for the LEM hostname. The LEM cannot join the domain.
- Enter a valid email address in the Test E-mail Address field. Only after the connector is saved and started, the check/test button next to this field will generate a test email to be sent to this address from your LEM Manager.
- When finished, click Save.
- Locate the new instance of the connector. It is a grey icon in the Status column.
- Select Start from the gear menu next to the new connector.
A green icon in the Status column indicates that the connector is running and you can use the Test Email button to test your settings.
Testing the Email Active Response Connector
- If the test email is successful, you receive it in the mailbox specified.
- If the test email is unsuccessful, the LEM Internal Events filter presents the following information:
- Event Name: InternalInfo
- Event Info: Email notification failed
- Extraneous Info: Information about the failure. For example, server not reachable, authentication issue, and so on.
- If needed, you can modify the configuration of the connector to make sure you are using the correct information.