Updated March 10, 2017
Under Manage > Nodes, an agent or agents show an online status with a green status icon, but when double-clicking on that node to view the status or checking the Node Health widget, you see that this node has not sent an event in for an extended period of time.
Note that this behavior is normal for Unix/Linux based hosts. Please refer to this article for details on that: Linux agent is connected but not sending any events.
All LEM versions
Agents installed on non-Unix based hosts
The agent is having a connection or a certificate verification issue.
- Restart the agent's service and check to see if the events are coming in:
- On the affected host, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Restart the SolarWinds Log and Event Manager Agent service.
- If events are now coming in for this host, skip the rest of these steps.
- Reset the agent's security certificate and re-check:
- On the affected host, go to C:\Windows\system32\ContegoSPOP\spop (32-bit) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ContegoSPOP\spop (64-bit).
- Delete the three
.xml files and the three
- Restart the agent's service as in step 1 above.
- Go to Manage > Nodes in the LEM console and delete the old, disconnected duplicate node for this host.