Hide this message
Welcome to the NEW Success Center. Search all resources (documentation, videos, training, knowledge base articles) or browse resources by product. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The activate command is run when applying the LEM license for the first time. This command allows specification of certain LEM and network configuration settings such as the following:
All LEM versions
1. Open the Command Prompt.
2. In the CMC prompt, enter appliance.
Note: cmc::acm# indicates you are in the appliance configuration menu.
3. Enter activate.
4. You will be prompted to provide and confirm a new password for your cmc account.
Note: The characters will not display as you type them.
5. Select Yes to specify a Static IP (Recommended).
6. Set the following properties:
Note: Contact your network administrator if you are unsure of the values for the above properties.
7. Select Yes to specify a hostname, or No to accept the default hostname.
Note: The hostname must NOT contain any upper case letters or special characters, except hyphens.
Enter only the hostname, and not FQDN.
Optional step: You can select Yes to specify a white list of IP addresses that can access SolarWinds LEM Reports.
8. Follow the prompts to export the SSL certificate of the virtual appliance to a network share. This certificate is needed to ensure secure communication between your LEM Console and your LEM virtual appliance.
9. Install the SSL certificate on all computers where the LEM Console is installed. For more information, see Export and install the SolarWinds LEM Console certificate.
Your LEM appliance should now be activated through the CMC activate command.
You can view the entered network configurations at any time by running the viewnetconfig command.