This article provides steps on how to upgrade Kiwi Syslog server to the version 9.5.1.
Note: The configurations within the Kiwi Syslog Server Manager are stored within the registry and should be preserved after an uninstall/reinstall. Nevertheless, to back them up, open the Kiwi Syslog Server Manager and click File > Export Settings to INI.
To upgrade the Kiwi Syslog Server to version 9.5.1:
- Download the latest License Manager from http://solarwinds.s3.amazonaws.com/solarwinds/Release/LicenseManager/LicenseManager.zip.
- Run License Manager and deactivate the Kiwi Syslog so that you can use the same activation key after upgrade.
Note: Log on as Local Administrator Account and not domain Admin.
- Stop any antivirus running in the background.
- Stop Kiwi Syslog Server Service and Ultidev Web Server service (if applicable).
- Uninstall Kiwi Syslog and Web Access from the Control Panel.
- Install the latest version (v9.5).You can download the latest version of Kiwi Syslog Server in your Customer Portal page. Alternatively, you can download it here http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/Kiwi/Syslog/Kiwi-Syslog-Server-9.5.1.zip
- Apply the same activation key.