When creating an Action: Email Message using special characters, the recipient may get a truncated message.
This happens when a user adds extra bits in the subject and message body in the Email Action. To avoid email truncation from the recipient's inbox, the registry value must be edited.
To edit the registry value:
1. Open the Registry Editor, go to CMD and enter regedit.exe.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SolarWinds\Syslogd\Rules.
3. Find the key for the email message action that needs to be modified.
4. Right-click and select Modify Option.
5. Edit the value of the key by putting the subject and message of your email.
6. Restart the Kiwi Syslog Server Service - How to Start/Stop Kiwi Syslog Server.
Applies to: Kiwi Syslog Server 9.4.1