Updated: August 24, 2016
Some users may need to set static DNS names for some devices in Kiwi Syslog.
1. Browse to the installation folder of Kiwi Syslog: C:\programfiles(x86)\solarwinds\syslogd
2. Open the StaticHosts.txt file with a text editor like Notepad.
Example here shows two device names added:
# Static DNS host file
# Each entry must consist of an IP address, a tab, then a host name
# The IP address is in the format aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
# The host name can be any text value that you like up to 63 characters in length
# Comments can be on a separate line and must start with a # character
# 192.168.1.1 myhost.mycompany.com
# NOTE: The IP address and host name MUST be separated with a tab (ASCII chr 9)
# Spaces will not be recognised as a valid separator
# Default value for localhost
# local machines
3. Save the file.
4. Open the Kiwi Syslog setup page and scroll down to DNS resolution and expand this.
5. Open DNS Caching and check the Pre-load the cache with static entries from a host file.
6. Browse to the statichosts file location and Apply.