Last updated: February 17, 2017
Supports: Kiwi Syslog Server 9.6 and earlier
Complete the checklist below to prepare for the upgrade.
Upgrade Kiwi Syslog Server
When you upgrade to the latest version of Kiwi Syslog Server, your logged messages, rules, and other configuration settings are preserved. If you previously entered a license key, the key is automatically applied to the new version.
| ||Uninstall the current version || |
- If you installed Kiwi Syslog Server as a service, select Manage > Stop the Syslogd Service.
- Select File > Exit to close the console.
- Uninstall Kiwi Syslog Server using Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
- If Kiwi Syslog Web Access is installed, click Yes when you are prompted to uninstall it.
| ||Download the installation file || |
Go to customerportal.solarwinds.com and log in.
If you do not have a SolarWinds account, see Access the Customer Portal to create an account.
- Locate Kiwi Syslog Server under Latest Downloads for Your Products.
- Click Choose Download.
| ||Run the installation file || |
- Log in as an administrator.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded installation ZIP file to the server.
If .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed, you are prompted to install it. Click Download and install this feature. Then restart
| ||Complete the Kiwi Syslog Server Setup wizard || |
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Specify whether you want to install Kiwi Syslog Server as an application or a service, and click Next.
- The service logs and processes messages whenever the server is up and the service is running, even if you are not logged in to the server.
- The application logs and processes messages only when you are logged in to the server and the application is running.
- If you are installing as a service, specify the account to install the service and click Next.
Specify whether to install Kiwi Syslog Web Access and log messages to it. Click Next.
Kiwi Syslog Web Access is a secure web-based access portal that you can use to view, filter, and highlight syslog messages logged by Kiwi Syslog Server.
- Select the shortcuts to create, and click Next.
Specify the installation location and click Next.
The installer displays status messages as it installs Kiwi Syslog Server.
| ||(Optional) Complete the Web Access Setup wizard || |
If you selected the option to install Kiwi Syslog Web Access, the Kiwi Syslog Web Access Setup wizard starts automatically.
- If any prerequisites are missing, the Web Access Prerequisites wizard opens.
- Click Next at the welcome screen.
Click Next to install the missing prerequisites.
After the prerequisites are installed, the Web Access wizard opens.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Web Access wizard.
| ||Close the wizard. || |
Click Finish to close the Kiwi Syslog Server Setup wizard and open the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager.