The Devices tab lets you associate Devices with the Activity.
Each device has a tick box associated with it indicating whether or not the device is currently associated with this activity.
There are four buttons on the bottom of the tab:
- Select all Selects all the devices shown
- Deselect all Un-selects all the devices shown
- Filter (F3) Opens the "Database Filter" window, so you can filter the display of devices. Note that the text you enter in the Contains field is case sensitive. The operation of this function is described more fully here
- Show all Disables any active filters and shows all devices in the database
There are a number of methods you can use to select devices:
- You can simply click on the check box of each device.
- You can double click on the row containing the device.
- You can select a number of devices in the list using the standard Windows list selection methods and then right click to show a context menu. Selecting the Enable selected option will check all of the devices that are highlighted.
- You can use the Filter method to display a group of devices, such as including all devices whose group contains "Head Office". When the selected devices are displayed you can click on the Select all button to check all the displayed devices.
- Select All Devices Checking this option allows all devices within the database (current and future) to be added to this activity.