This article discusses how to install or upgrade Kiwi CatTools
All Kiwi CatTools versions
To avoid errors, it is recommended to review the minimum operating system requirements before upgrading your production CatTools installation.
Whilst a typical upgrade takes approximately one minute to perform, this does not count the time required to first backup your system or perform upgrade validation testing.
If the CatTools installation process detects an existing installaation, the device and schedulled activities data is imported into the new version automatically when CatTools is first run. It is highly recommended that you run CatTools in application mode (not service mode) the first time after installing aa new version in case a prompt is displayed regarding your upgrade.
Suggested steps for a trouble-free installation:
1. Log into your machine with an Administrator level account.
2. Disable anti-virus and close any non-essential applications.
3. If upgrading, stop the existing CatTools Application or Service.
4. Make a full backup of your existing installation.
5. Ensure any custome device types have unique ID numbers.
6. Install CatTools on your machine.
7. Review the Readme.htm and RevisionHistory.txt files for additionaal installtion information.
8. Start the new version in application mode the first time, then change to service mode if required.
9. If upgrading, test the your upgrade completed.