Using Database Manager, you can create a database maintenance plan that will automatically compact and backup the database on a scheduled basis. As a security and information integrity issue, it is very important to regularly back-up your databases. Database Manager allows you to do this easily, using the following steps.
Note: SQL Server Agent must be running to execute database maintenance.
To create a database maintenance plan for your database:
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
2. If the SQL Server hosting your Orion database is not listed in the left pane, you must add the SQL Server hosting your Orion database. For more information, see Adding a Server.
3. Click + in the left pane to expand the SQL Server hosting your Orion database, and then click your Orion database.
Note: NetPerfMon is the default name of the Orion database.
4. Click Database > Database Backup Schedule.
5. Select to run the backup either once a Day or once a Week.
6. If you to want to run the backup once a week, choose the Backup Day.
7. Set the Backup Time.
8. Click Next.
9. If you want to compact and shrink the database before the backup, check Compact and Shrink Database before Backup.
Note: SolarWinds recommends both that you perform database compaction weekly and that you compact and shrink databases before backups.
10. Enter the path to the directory where you would like to place backup files or click Browse and then navigate to an appropriate directory.
11. If you want to keep backup reports, check Generate a backup report each time the backup Job runs, and then enter the path to the directory where you would like to Place Backup reports or click Browse and then navigate to an appropriate directory.
12. Click Finish.