Database fields may be edited within the Database Manager application from the query view. The following procedure directs you in editing database fields in Orion Database Manager.
Warning: Be very careful when you are editing database values, as you can jeopardize the integrity of your database.
To edit database fields with Database Manager:
1. Stop the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor service as follows:
a. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager.
b. Click SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor under Services, and then click Stop.
2. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
3. If the SQL Server hosting your Orion database is not listed in the left pane, you must add the SQL Server hosting your Orion database. For more information, see Adding a Server.
4. Click + in the left pane to expand the SQL Server hosting your Orion database, and then click + to expand your Orion database.
Note: NetPerfMon is the default name of the Orion database.
5. Click a table to view in the expanded database.
6. Click Table > Query Table.
7. Use the provided SQL statement or enter your own in the query field.
8. If you want to view the query results in table view, click Refresh.
9. If you want to edit table fields, select Read/Write at the top of the window, and then edit fields as necessary.
10. If you use the same SQL query often, you can save time by making the query a favorite, as follows:
a. Enter the query in the query field.
b. Click Add to Favorites.
c. Enter a name for the command, and then click OK.
Note: Database Manager saves the command with the name that you have provided. You can now use this command again, directly, by clicking Paste from Favorites.