The following steps restore a database that you have backed up.
To restore a database from backup:
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
2. If the SQL Server hosting your Orion database is not listed in the left pane, you must add the SQL Server hosting your Orion database. For more information, see Adding a Server.
3. Click + in the left pane to expand the SQL Server hosting your Orion database, and then click your Orion database.
4. Click Database > Restore Database.
5. Click Browse to navigate to the database that you want to restore, or enter a valid SQL backup database name and path.
Note: Typically, the default location for an Orion database backup is
6. Click Verify to ensure that you have selected a valid SQL database.
.mdf) and transaction log (
.ldf) files for the database. You can change the values provided.
7. Click OK to restore the selected database.