The following procedure creates a custom properties filter.
Note: Orion Network Performance Monitor users may also create filters for interface custom properties.
To create a filter:
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Grouping and Access Control > Custom Property Editor.
2. Click Properties > Edit Object Properties, where Object is Node or Volume, as appropriate.
3. Click Filter Active or No Active Filter, and then click Apply Filter.
Note: The text of the Filter Active/No Active Filter button changes dynamically, indicating the filter status for the currently viewed data.
4. Click the hyperlinked text to select the appropriate criteria.
5. Click the ellipsis, and then select from the following options:
6. Continue to click hyperlinked text and use the cascading menus to select filtering criteria.
7. If you have completed the configuration of your filter, click OK.
Note: The Edit Object Properties view changes, based upon the selected filter, and the text of the Filter Active/No Active Filter now displays Filter Active, indicating that the filter is being applied to the currently viewed properties.