Orion can be configured to communicate alerts using HTTP GET or POST functions. As an example, a URL may be used as an interface into a trouble ticket system, and, by correctly formatting the GET function, new trouble tickets may be created automatically. The following procedure configures Orion to use GET or POST HTTP functions to communicate alert information.
To configure Orion to use GET or POST URL functions with alerts:
1. Click Get or Post a URL to a Web Server, and then then click OK.
2. Select either Use HTTP GET or Use HTTP POST to set the function that you want to use to communicate alert information.
3. If you selected Use HTTP GET, enter the URL you want to GET.
4. If you selected Use HTTP POST, enter the URL you want to POST, and then enter the Body to POST.
5. On the Time of Day tab enter the time period and select the days on which you want to activate your alert action.
6. If you want to enable alert escalation, open the Alert Escalation tab, and then check any of the following options, as appropriate for your alert:
7. If you are finished with the configuration of Orion to use HTTP GET or POST URL functions, click OK.