In some situations you may want to execute a Visual Basic (VB) script when a network event occurs. The Edit Execute VB Script Action window is used to specify the name and complete path of the file that shall be executed when the specified alert is triggered or reset.
To configure alerts to execute a Visual Basic (VB) script:
1. Click VB Script.
2. Select an available VB Script Interpreter.
3. Specify a VB script to execute either by typing the complete path and name of the VB script into the VB Script to execute field or by clicking Browse to browse your folder structure and select the script.
4. Click Time of Day, and then enter the time period and select the days on which you want to execute the selected VB script.
5. Click Alert Escalation, and then check any of the following options, as appropriate for your alert:
6. If you are finished configuring your VB script execution action, click OK.